Shaping tomorrow’s leaders in the Catholic tradition since 1958.
Nestled on a 15-acre campus in Prospect Heights, Illinois, Saint Alphonsus Liguori Catholic School offers a unique environment for your child to grow. From 3 year-old preschool to 8th grade, our school builds a strong academic and spiritual foundation through our 4 pillars of excellence:
1. Camaraderie in Faith: Camaraderie is the distinctive dynamic of our school. From the unity among students across grades in school to the student choir and altar serving within the parish, students learn that leadership is being in service to others and God. Faith sets the foundation for this camaraderie throughout our curriculum, including:
- Daily religious instruction and prayer
- Weekly liturgies
- Monthly weekend Masses sponsored by each class
- Sacramental preparation
- Beloved traditions such as our annual May Crowning, Living Stations, and All Saints Day services
- Volunteering in the larger community with a variety of efforts including bingo at Nazarathville and food packaging at Feed My Starving Children
2. Academic Excellence: Informed by the Archdiocese of Chicago's Office of Catholic Schools, our Blue Ribbon School's S.T.E.A.M. curriculum (Science-Technology-Engineering-Arts-Math) exceeds rigorous National, State, and Common Core Standards. Our record speaks for itself.
- 96% of our students perform above the national average on standardized testing.
- 94% of our graduates are eligible to take advanced placement and honors coursework in high school.
- Interactive learning experiences including:
- Tending to the care of baby ducklings in science class
- Science Fair, science club, and science camps
- Daily quick writes to hone their creative writing
- Fine Arts incorporate music, art, foreign language, and drama, with Spanish taught in Preschool - 8th grades
- Frequent educational field trips for every grade, such as Washington D.C. and Springfield
- Constantly evolving technology infrastructure featuring Chromebooks, IPads, and updated Wi-Fi
- Online tools allowing students to collaborate with each other and their teachers
3. Focus on Each Child: Our school develops each student's passions and talents through several distinguishing features:
- Small class sizes that enable customized learning
- Field/court time for every child who wants to participate in sports
- Individualized coaching to help our athletes build solid skills, fitness, sportsmanship, confidence, and appreciation of their sport
- Extended Day Care, with before and after programs for study and play
4. Vibrant Student Life: Our beautiful environment, well-designed facilities, and activities engage every child holistically. Highlights include:
- Our much anticipated spring musical and variety shows
- Annual academic and arts fair where students display their artwork, perform in concert, and explain special projects on states, animal habitats, and atoms
- Student Choir and altar servers in the parish
- After school clubs, including art, engineering, robotics, legos, sports, drama, chess, and dance
- Regular field trips to locations including Brookfield Zoo, Lincoln Park Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, and the Science Museum
- Summer activities including camps, parades, and community events
- Parent activities such as the PSA, School Advisory Council, room parent program, coaching, and chaperones on field trips
Many exciting things are happening each day in our school. We hope you take the opportunity to learn more about us and all that we have to offer. Call the school office at 847-255-5538 for a tour and more information on how you can join our school for the new school year!